Saturday 27 May 2017

Weekend Away: Cardiff

It's another bank holiday weekend! This weekend, we've escaped to Wales, to spend the weekend in Cardiff. I've visited once before, on my gap year, and have fond memories of my last visit.

It was a very early start - I was up at 5:30, headed to Paddington station for the 7am train to Swansea. The journey was very uneventful, in that I dozed until the train stopped at a station, then jolted awake thinking it was my stop, before dozing off again. Every time.

I arrived at about 10am, dropped off my luggage at the hotel, then wandered to the city to explore a bit. I walked around the outside of the Castle, but didn't go in because I needed to get back to the hotel to meet el Husbando, who had left London the same time as me but rode his motorbike.

 

We headed back to the city, found a pub for lunch (delicious fish sandwich), then went into Cardiff Castle! We checked out all the filming lessons from the Castle (including Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sherlock), and the rest besides. It was a little windy, but it had stopped raining, so that was a definite improvement.

 

After the Castle, we really just meandered out way back to the hotel, both ready for a rest. On the way, we picked up some Welsh cakes (basically, scones cooked on a griddle), which were yummy. Tasted exactly how they sound.

 

We went to the Bay for dinner, ended up at an Italian place near the water. Then, a quick walk along the water, visiting Ianto's shrine. Still quite an emotional place! Then it was back to the hotel for bed...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......