Monday 22 July 2019

Besties in Barcelona Day 3

For day 3 of our adventures, we had to get up earlier - well, a bit earlier. We both slept terribly though after a sweltering night in air conditioning that basically didn't work, but we were up and out by just after 9 to make our timed ticket for Sagrada Familia.



Like most of these places, I have been here before, but it never ceases to amaze. I noticed new details and of course, there had been some more work done since I was there just over a year ago. Still, estimated completion for the main building work is 2026 (also the 100th anniversary of the death of Gaudi), and decorative work finishing in 2032. So I'll have to come back again!



The stained glass is what gets me every time. Is so nice and beautifully planned, not to mentioned making the most of the space which they have on the block. And we spent a good several hours here, admiring the architecture and having a lovely time.



We then stopped on the way back to the hotel in order to do my favorite pastime- fabric shopping! I picked up a 3m piece of one lovely viscose for a dress, and another 1m piece for a top for only 3,95 a metre! Very pleased with that and thinking about what I'm going to make already!



We decided we needed a quick lunch, as we had a 3pm tour booked and it was 1:30pm, so we stopped in at a Subway. I even ordered my salad in Spanish and I'm feeling very proud about that indeed.



Then we headed up to Castell Montjuic. We are staying near Paral.lel station which is super convenient, so we got the Funicular up to the park, then the cable car to the top. We had enough time for a quick browse before our tour at 3pm. We saw the prison cells where they had graffiti on the walls, the main features that are open to the public, and even got to climb the watchtower and see the fantastic view!



After the tour, we went to the visitor centre briefly before heading back to the hotel for a rest. For dinner this evening we headed to Barceloneta near the beach. In fact, we found the great tapas place we went to with my family last year, and had dinner there! It was just as awesome as I remembered and I ate all my squids with gusto (and potatas bravas and a Gin Mare g&t!).

We are now enjoying our late evening with snacks from the Supermercat and Mentes Criminales on tv. That would be Criminal Minds in Spanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......