Monday 31 October 2022

The Grand Bro Trip (Orlando, Florida) - Day 15

This summer holidays, my Bro and I went on the trip of a lifetime! 2 weeks of amazing times on the Grand Bro Trip in Orlando, Florida.


Day 15, 9/8 (Sunday)

The Final Day!

We were flying home today. We had prepacked most of our things before bed last night so we were able to stay in bed as late as possible before taking our luggage downstairs and checking out of the hotel. We left the bags there and headed over to Disney Springs. We just wanted to have one last Disney experience before we had to go home...

We started off at the same place we did last time - Earl of Sandwich. This time I knew better and only ate had my sandwich so it was not so crazy filling. Still delicious though! We went back through all the shops again (well, all the Disney ones anyway and a bunch of others) for a last browse. We realised that we had not bought any 50th anniversary merch, so I picked up a pin and a teeshirt and Bro also picked up a pin. Bro also picked up some cute ear for his travel agent as a thank you for her helping organise and book all his flights. Apparently once she received them she pit them straight up on display!

We toyed with the idea of buying more Gideon's cookies to take on the plane with us, however decided against it as the line was quite long. I did pick up another menu though so that I would have it for a souvenir.

We also headed over to the part that we hadn't explored yet, over near the Cirque du Soleil theatre. There was a Star Wars store and a Marvel one, where I finally succumbed to a mystery set of pins and actually managed to get the one I wanted! Very pleased about that. By this point it was raining quite a lot and didn't seem like stopping so we headed via yet another Uber to the hotel.

We checked the weight of our luggage and mine was just under, thank goodness. While I had that third bag, it seemed that I wouldn't need to use it - although my big suitcase was terribly heavy in the end! Then we headed off to the airport. We were very early but passed the time with one last browse in the Disney and Universal shops, one last meal together, and we even had time to share our favourite podcast before we had to say goodbye. We were headed off from opposite ends of the airport so we had one last hug before going through our opposite security checks and off to the gate.

My flight left at 8.40pm and I was lucky enough to not have anyone next to me for the flight home. I put some stuff on my chair, spread myself out and slept pretty much all the way! Then my lovely husband was kind enough to pick me up from the airport as it is a much faster drive than it is by train now that we are in Epsom (I flew in to Gatwick).

Home, and a bit sad about it.I now wear my merch as often as I can, use my Loungefly bags every day (my mickey ears one is my everyday handbag and my HP one my fancy bag!) and even had my favourite of the photos we took on the trip printed! Stickers to go on my work diary and fanfiction notebook, and actual photos for a frame I want to get for my sewing room wall. I even moved my furniture to make a space for it! Just need to put it up. 

What an amazing trip - we'll both remember it forever,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......