Monday 31 October 2022

The Grand Bro Trip (Orlando, Florida) - Day 13

This summer holidays, my Bro and I went on the trip of a lifetime! 2 weeks of amazing times on the Grand Bro Trip in Orlando, Florida.


Day 13, 7/8 (Sunday)

Day 2 of Universal!

We had express passes again today but we accidentally hit snooze and slept in. We were feeling super worn out by this part of the trip - if I did it again, I'd like to have more park days, but with some breaks in between! In the end we got into the parks around 1pm ready for some rides. We headed straight to Diagon Alley and the Escape from Gringotts ride.

Bro had said that I could hack the Gringotts ride, so on I went. He is such a tolerant bro, reminding me that I can do it and I was so glad that I did. It was super! It was such a great mix of ride, which was almost too fast, then it would stop and there would be a screen section. I did take the 3D glasses off because that was a little much, but I really enjoyed the other aspects of the ride. Just enough adrenaline in the end!

After that I decided I wanted to do another ride before eating, so we jumped onto the Hogwarts Express over to Hogsmeade again and gave the Flight of the Hippogriff ride a go. It was the most traditional roller coaster that we rode the entire time we were there, including Disney! It was fast and rather furious, going around and around in a circle and only going for a minute but that was plenty for me!

With those few rides done I felt comfortable eating and was hungry so we headed over to the Three Broomsticks for lunch. I had a fish and chips and a(nother) frozen Butterbeer, and the Bro had the pasties and salad. More very nice pub food!

After that we headed over to the stage to watch the Triwizard Spirit Rally which was very cool. I loved seeing the costumes up close and in movement and the Durmstrang boys were really fun to watch jumping and spinning around. After the show it was time for more wandering and making sure we were buying all the things we really wanted to buy. Had to make sure we saw absolutely everything and we had lists to make sure we didn't miss anything we had to have!

By the time it got to dinner time we had decided that we didn't really want any of the CityWalk options (we found generally that the Universal options were not as good as Disney), and we weren't super hungry after a late lunch. So we actually popped into the cinema on the way back to the bus and picked up a nice big popcorn and some slushies.

We headed back to our room, cosied up in our beds and tried to watch TV. However the channels were quite hard to negotiate, so we ended up watching most of the Spongebob Movie while we ate our popcorn. Only one day left and then a free day before heading home. We were definitely experiencing some fatigue but also already some post-trip sadness. Just a few days left to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......