Wednesday 31 August 2022

The Grand Bro Trip (Orlando, Florida) - Day 3

This summer holidays, my Bro and I went on the trip of a lifetime! 2 weeks of amazing was on the Grand Bro Trip in Orlando, Florida.

Day 3, 28/7 (Thursday)

Today was our only chill day of the trip and we planned to spend it shopping! So we had a little bit of a sleep in before catching the end of our hotel breakfast. It was very strange, in that almost everything was wrapped in plastic (everything except the hot food) which seemed very wasteful but I guess it's more Covid safe?

Then we took an Uber to a local outlet centre. There seemed to be several choices but we picked this one because it had a discovery outlet store we wanted to visit at some point. We started with a wander, and I  found a cute blue gingham dress in Brooks Brothers when it was on sale - very fitting in my current wardrobe, super cute, and quite cute! The main reason I wanted to go shopping was to visit Bath and Body Works, who sell amazing candles which I love. I have been saving my other ones so they didn't run out but I guess I can burn them now I have more haha (I have so many candles do this ous a bit silly of me!). Bro was an excellent help, sniffing all the things with me and helping me choose. In the end I picked 4 candles: 2 new ones and 2 of my faves. New ones I got were Caramel Pumpkin Swirl (gorgeous autumnal smell) and Sugared Lemon Zest (fresh and zesty, so refreshing). Then I picked up 2 faves - Black Cherry Merlot (rich and warm), and Bro even managed to reach to the top shelf to get me the last Peach Bellini (fruity and sweet - my all time favourite!!!)

Other than that, we really just wandered through the shops. Bro did pick up a cheap pair of sunglasses from Old Navy for one of his Disneybound outfits. Unfortunately we didn’t find abutting we liked in the Disney warehouse store, so we jumped into another Uber and decided to head over to Disney Springs aura of our move onto property at the end of the week.

We decided to have lunch there when we arrived so stopped in at Earl of Sandwich, which had the best frozen lemonade I may have ever had (might have something to do with the weather too though!), although the sandwich was very large and I couldn’t finish it! While we wandered the shops at Disney Springs we didn’t buy anything today. Mostly we were making lists of what we were shortlisting for the next week, knowing that most everything would also be in the parks. I had a few “must-buys” on my list - particularly pins, ears and a Loungefly mini bag.

One of the shops at Disney Springs I was really excited for was GIDEONS. It is an almost cult level bakery known for is half pound cookies, seasonal and exclusive flavours, and gothic cute decor. Even though it was hot there was a line, although we made friends with the host and another guy in the queue thanks to the cool sort the Bro was wearing. It moves fast and we were only waiting less than 10 minutes before we got in. It’s incredible inside and I got a pin (to have a souvenir we wouldn’t eat!) and we got 3 cookies to share - chocolate chip, cookies and cream, and the monthly special orange pecan chocolate chip. Such peak decor and they took us days to get through because they were so big!

By that point it was like half 4 and we were ready to sit for a while, so we headed to a Disney place I’d seen online. Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar is a really cool place, based around Indiana Jones’ pilot. It’s set up just like a hangar! We chilled there for a few hours, having drinks (alcoholic and non) and also shared a few appetisers to be our dinner. We didn’t have much to eat because we seemed to lose our appetite in the heat throughout the trip. That was our first Disney service experience too - we had a super server who we asked for ride advice and shared that it was our first time! He was super helpful. Our second round of drink’s, Bro ordered one he didn’t like and the server noticed when we asked for the bill that he hasn’t drunk it. He was in the bathroom at the time so I explained to the server that it wasn’t really to his taste - and the server took it off the bill!!! Love that service and we gave him a Cast Compliment for it.

We Ubered back to the hotel (via a Walmart for some washing powder, as I already knew we’d need it later on and we were hitting the busy days ahead!) and gave our parents a call before bed to catch up with them and celebrate being together in less places than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......