Tuesday 30 August 2022

The Grand Bro Trip (Orlando, Florida) - Day 1

This summer holidays, my Bro and I went on the trip of a lifetime! 2 weeks of amazing was on the Grand Bro Trip in Orlando, Florida.

Day 1, 26/7 (Tuesday)

I was off quite early today! For an 11am flight I was dropped at Gatwick around 8am to give time to start work for the Husband and to give me lots of time to check in. I had plenty of time to set and call Mum and Dad, eat, and made it all a very smooth process.

I was so pleased I was in premium economy - more space and better food! I booked it because it was close enough in price to economy but I’ve got a bigger luggage allowance for the return journey so I can buy more souvenirs!!! In the end we took off about 20 minutes late due to paperwork being delayed, but we made up time on the actual flight time so still landed on time. On the plane I watched some movies I knew weren’t going to be that good but I kind of wanted to watch anyway. Morbius was pretty much an episode of TV stretched to a film and Matt Smith was clearly the best part about it. Space Jam 2 was actually worse, I even fell asleep near the end! There were hints about the previous one but it was just worse. We had lunch wild u was watching this (chicken pie which was quite yummy), and then after that I took a nap got a few hours. When I woke up I watched The Suicide Squad which was the best of the three. Margot Robbie is excellent!

On landing, the customs queue was quite long and took about an hour to coat, but I had no issues and I read my book while I waited. Once I got to the other side by bag was going right in front of me! So I grabbed it quickly and headed downstairs to meet the Bro where he was waiting for me. We took an Uber to the hotel where I hashed over the gifts I had brought for Mum and Dad, then I had a shower. Disappointingly, a lot of the purple seemed to come out of my hair, but I did kind of expect that as it was the first time I'd washed it.

After I was all presentable, we walked down the road to get some dinner. Orlando is set out quite strangely, in that it has lots of interstate-type roads with 3/4 lanes, exits, ramps and most areas look like industrial areas. So we are going to Uber basically everywhere! The first night we walked to a Wendy's where we had chicken burgers and fries. Better than KFC. We Assisi adopted by the Pulse nightclub, where there had been a mass shooting a few years ago. We hadn't realised we were near there, and is still set up as a memorial and never reopened.

On the way home we picked up slushies from 7-11 for dessert and watched done TV before tucking  ourselves into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......