Wednesday 20 November 2019

Experienced: Bird & Blend Advent Calendar Workshop

On a dark and cold Tuesday evening, fresh from a work meeting and running late, I headed from the depths of Sutton all the way to Borough to the loveliest tea shop I know, Bird & Blend Tea.

I have been a few times, having discovered them before the summer on a recommendation from a friend. I bought 5 teas and a cold brew bottle, and spent the summer drinking delicious cold brew teas with names like "Butter Brew", "Birthday Cake", "Eton Mess", "Strawberry Lemonade", and "Cherry Bakewell".

Fast forward to winter, and I was longing after an advent calendar that was fun and not the most expensive thing. I love the look of some of the beauty ones, but they are way out of our budget! So when I came across a tea advent calendar on the Bird and Blend website, it seemed perfect. Plus, you can go and build it custom and do it yourself!

On arrival, we were given a tea cocktail. I had the Salted Caramel Lebekuchken iced tea with brandy and whipped cream, which was so lovely! We also got given a tote bag, which we filled with 24 individually wrapped tea bags from many, many options. It took a while to choose, and I did double up, but not that many  (only my existing favourites).



After that, we were given the advent boxes as nd showed how to fold up my tea bags so that they fit snugly in the spaces. This was an interesting game in that I wanted to have a little bit of order to it (matcha on weekends, doubles separated, and the others randomised) and everyone had a different strategy to working this out.



After that it was time to put the outside on, wick I did need a little help with, and the decorative ribbon. Then the evening was over, except for shopping time (with 10% off because it was an event!). So I picked up a few extra teas which weren't options in the advent calendar: "Bears Like Marmalade", "Birthday Cake", and a coconut oolong which I've forgotten the name of.





It was a fantastic way to spend an evening, and I am so looking forward to having a lovely cup of tea every night until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......