Wednesday 30 October 2019

Theatre Trip: Jeremy Jordan

JEREMY JORDAN

Cadogan Hall
Date: 26 October (Saturday), 7:30pm
Seats: Centre Gallery, D33

(Seen solo!)

Notes: After getting back from Majorca less than 24 hours ago, I was already off to my next concert! This concert was scheduled for last year, however was cancelled before I bought tickets. I was going to go with my friend Karla last year, but now she has moved back to Australia, so I went on my own.

Cadogan Hall is a new venue for me, and it was lovely! Even my £12 seats had a great view, and I'm not sure there would be a bad seat in the house. It's a large hall with a church kind of aesthetic and acoustics and it was lovely.

Jeremy Jordan was amazing! I wasn’t familiar with his entire history, but he was fantastic in Smash and I’d seen other clips of him singing and knew that it would be a great concert.

He sang a lot of medleys, mostly for things he had been in - Smash, Bonnie and Clyde, Newsies, plus a Disney princess medley as well! He also sang an original song as well as some pop songs. I think, for me, the most interesting part was when he did a whole  bit about the Greatest Showman movie. He actually recorded the demos of the album, and was on track to play Philip Carlyle (the part played by Zac Efron in the film), and he went into the green light performance to sing both that part and for Hugh Jackman. Unfortunately, that didn't go well because Jeremy was unwell, and then he also found out that they had Zac Efron in talks. It just sounded like the most frustrating situation.

Such a lovely concert and we got two curtain calls before he shooed us out! He was also very funny which was not expected and made the night all the more special. I'm definitely going to keep my eye out on other concerts at Cadogan Hall in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......