Sunday 21 July 2019

Besties in Barcelona: Day 1

To celebrate finding the school year and the stay of the summer, my bestie Jess and I are headed to Barcelona for a few days!

Day 1 started off obscenely early. We were due to fly out of Luton on a 7am flight, so I was up at 2:30am making sure everything was packed and ready to go. Or of the house at 3:15 and onto a night bus to Westminster Tube station... Or not as it turned out. There were 5 of us on the bus when there was a crunching sound, and the bus lurched to a stop. Turns out, our driver had gone up the kerb, hit a bollard, and almost taken out a traffic light! 

Luckily for us, we were only 5 minutes short of Vauxhall station, so I jumped quickly onto the tube and it didn't delay me at all. I caught the tube to Finchley Road then got onto a National Express bus, where Jess was waiting for me (she had gotten on at an earlier stop)! We got to Luton on time, and had no trouble getting onto our flight (of which I have no memory because I was asleep!).

We arrived in Barcelona around 10:30 and headed straight to our hotel to change and drop our bags before heading out to lunch. We stopped on la Rambla (which is very close to our hotel) for rolls and the largest strawberry mojito cocktail, which we split!

After lunch, we headed to our closest Gaudi spot, Palau Guell. Having been before, I really felt like I noticed some different things and learned new details about the house. I have come to the decision, though, that I don't think I'd live in it. It's very dark and medieval and not my style overall.



By the time we finished Palau Guell we could barely keep going, so we went back to the hotel for a nap before dinner. We had talked about something super local, and there was a McDonald's across the road which we thought we might go to, but then we realised how much of a waste that would be and found a good local tapas place instead. I wasn't feeling that well, so just had squid and potatas bravas, but it was delicious!



And then a nice big sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......