Tuesday 18 December 2018

Theatre Trip: Bill Bailey - Larks in Transit

BILL BAILEY: LARKS IN TRANSIT

Wyndham’s Theatre
Date: 17th December (Monday), 8:00pm
Seats: Stalls, Row A 8
(with Jess!)

Notes: Bill Bailey is a comedian who I have enjoyed for many years, and when I first heard that he was coming to London I was. very pleased and tried to book tickets with Richard. Problem was, Richard was heading to Australia a week before me and that meant we were away for pretty much the whole run... Although I had a week after he left. So I messages Jess and asked her if she wanted to come. We decided Monday night was the best idea, and though I was unable to get tickets on TodayTix, Jess scored the last few Rush on the front row!

It turned out to be a crazy busy Monday and we by the time we met for dinner, I was thinking about bailing on the whole evening because it felt like just too much. But I sucked it up and in the end it was everything I needed and more. I had a chance to debrief over the meal and then we headed straight to the theatre.

It was at the Wyndham’s, which I had been to before to see Don Juan in SoHo with David Tennant in. This time, the state was set up with a range of musical instruments. Bill Bailey is just so hilarious!!! His show was based on travel stories from his personal life and his interests, which is how it ended up with routines about bird songs in pop music, Theresa May 90s house music, and a snippet of what it would be like to live your life with a death metal soundtrack. It’s hard to explain, you know, you had to be there to really get it... I know that makes for a bad review though!

My cheeks were so sore after only 10 minutes from all the laughing and there were tears on multiple occasions. It was an amazing night and the perfect anthesis to the day I’d had. I only hope it comes out on DVD so that I can share it with Richard and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......