Saturday 10 November 2018

Theatre Trip: Heathers #2

HEATHERS

Theatre Royal Haymarket
Date: 9th November (Friday), 7:45pm
Seats: Stalls K 15-16
(with Jess N again!)

Since last seeing Heathers, I have entered the lottery many many times and not won again - but Jess has won several more times! I haven't been able to go with her since because I haven't been super well but I have really wanted to. So finally, I got my chance, when she won again on Friday and invited me and I was actually well enough!

I think seeing as it's been more than a month since I saw it last, the cast have really grown into their roles. In particular, I felt that Jodie Steele (Heather Chandler) and T'Shan Williams (Heather Duke) had really improved on their roles.

A few actors have changed since the last time I saw it. Nathan Amzi now plays Ram's Dad and I thought he was fantastic! Also Amy Booth-Steel is now playing Miss Fleming, as Rebecca Lock has left the cast for another show. She was very funny and made an excellent ad-lib when confronting Steve, who was a 'silver fox'. 

I had forgotten how amazing this show was and thoroughly enjoyed it again. Jamie Muscato (JD) and Carrie Hope Fletcher (Veronica Sawyer) were absolutely incredible. They make a lovely pair and vocally fit so so well together. I can't wait to have the cast recording so I can listen to them whenever I like.

So, I think once more before it closes on the 24th if I can manage it, and then I'm going to have to move on with my musical theatre life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......