Wednesday 2 August 2017

Tasty Treats: Borough Markets

(Written on 13/4, somehow forgotten to post!)

(Since this was written, I have returned for more tasty cheese, nommy brownies, and definitely more fish finger buttys!!! It's even only 10 minutes by bicycle... So bad, but so good!)

Yesterday, completely on a whim, I decided I needed to break up my working day by going out to lunch... But where to? Well, after a quick Google, I realised that Borough Market is not only open 6 days a week (every day but Sunday), but is only a 30 minute walk from our building! Decision made.

 

Last time we went to Borough Market, we bought lunch (amazing pies), fancy oil, bread and lots of delicious cheese! This time around, I didn't want to spend quite so much money, so I started with lunch. I braved the long (but very fast moving) queue at fish!kitchen. Best fish finger butty ever! Proper fish fingers (none of this processed stuff), loads of tartare sauce, and fresh sourdough. So yummy.

 

I also picked up some truffle honey as a present for Husbando, and a brownie from one of the bakery stalls. The quality of the food there is top notch, and there's a great selection.

 

I was very tempted by these, but managed to resist. Then I headed for a short walk to London's most useful boat...

 
 

So handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......