Wednesday 12 April 2017

Tasty Treats: Cereal Killer Cafe

Cereal Killer Cafe

Camden Town

I found this cafe completely by chance online one day, and I so regret taking almost 2 weeks to actually get there. This cafe is hiding in a small shopfront on Brick Lane, but once you go in, it's 90s child sleepover heaven! The main counter is small, but the walls behind them are packed with boxes and boxes of all kinds of cereal! Yep, this is a cafe that serves mostly cereal (also poptarts), and it is a joyful place. I spent about 10 minutes trying to decide what I wanted...

  

In the end I ordered my Double Rainbow cereal cocktail (Froot Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Marshmallows and Strawberry Milk), a take-home pack of Cinnabon cereal, and a badge, and headed downstairs. Here, more exclusive cereal boxes are on display, along with merchandise from cereal companies. Multiple old-school TVs were showing VHS tapes of Friends, Seinfeld, Care Bears and TMNT, and larger tables had single beds with 90s TV show quilts instead of benches.

 

Now, I wouldn't recommend my choice to everyone (it was amazing, but super super sweet!), but they have a selection of cereal cocktails to suit many people, or you can choose your own cereal/milk/topping combination. I was so happy with my selection, I went and bought some of the cereal marshmallows (I think they're freeze-dried) as well to take home!

 

I didn't eat the Cinnabon cereal at the time - I've been snacking on it dry while at home on the holidays. It's delicious! Next time I have a cereal craving, I know where I'm going!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theatre Trip: Crazy For You (#2)

CRAZY FOR YOU Gillian Lynne Theatre Date: 27 December 2023 (Wednesday), 2:00pm Seats: Circle D 72-73 (Seen with Bri! Or I was supposed to......